This has been a difficult piece! I arranged, re-arranged, and changed almost everything in this work several times. At one point, trying to fix damage to the background, I had way too many “clouds”. It was a mess. The clouds did not add anything, and three resin trees made the scene too cluttered. I have also had difficulty choosing from several “spirit” face candidates; I even toyed with using more than one, but no!
The final piece will have only two of four possible resin trees, and I have settled on using one smaller “spirit” face. I have replaced the damaged background (twice!) so I don’t need any clouds, but I may use an arched tinted bit of resin that rather evokes a rainbow.
Now I am anchoring the pieces and I should be ready to pour resin later today!
The implementation has been very tricky. I have the lighting and the structure mostly resolved now. I still need to pour a coat of resin, add a few delicate pieces, and to anchor the lights. The lights will be resolved last, from access at the back. The gradient background is archival inkjet printed on paper, so is very delicate. It is so easy to scratch it or otherwise damage it; it must be installed very carefully. And I changed my mind about the color, switching from a green to blue, to the pink sky. I have struggled with light bleeding through the edges, keeping the acrylic & paper flat, etc. So I have replaced this paper several times. I removed the paper & medium it from the acrylic each time, because I will not discard or buy new unless I must!