I am just messing about in the studio these days, in between bouts of life both good and bad. Today I worked on further detailing of my latest paperclay version of my Beckoning Angel. I started by making a simple paperclay cast of this low relief figure: read the previous post for more information about that process and further work. I have reinforce this figure, added a bit more relief detail, and adjusted something that I did not like. Now I have embellished the figure with a first blend of colors. This is a preliminary trial coloring, so expect changes!
I have also messed about with a large abstract sketch that has been “hanging about” my studio for quite some time, covering the electrical box in fact. Here are two digitally foiled variations of this reworked old mental map.
Update: I have reworked the features and hands on the Mediator Angel. Color next!